Internship - Events & Marketing
This role provides beneficial education and workplace experiences across the Event Management, Marketing and Business operations spectrum to increase opportunity for future industry employment.
This role is suited to students or graduates of event management, marketing, or business. A TAFE or University affiliation and approval may be required to partake.
HOW WILL YOU BENEFIT?
- Fast track your career in event management
- Strengthen your tertiary education with event industry experience
- Improve your resume with real-life experience
- Have access to a mentor, who works in the industry you are training for
- Exciting, diverse projects in areas of events, sales and marketing
- Recognition – build your reputation with every successful project
- One day volunteer per week, in the Gold Coast Carrara office
- Must attend upcoming exhibitions / events (3-4 weekends per year)
This internship encourages our Event Associates to join our team for 1 day per week, for a minimum of 6 months. This time frame allows you to best utilise the workplace experience opportunities provided, in both planning, organisation, and on the day event management.
We have created various strategic roles to ensure you get the best out of your volunteer experience. Roles vary with each weekly shift, so you can gain experience in different areas of event operations, including but not limited to Exhibitor and Stakeholder Management, Sales, Marketing Strategy and Implementation, Logistics, and daily Event Coordination on site at the event.
Start an exciting career in events management! Complete the Unified Internship and you will gain excellent workplace experience. Your industry experience will allow you to develop a deeper understanding and ability to coordinate different events or marketing campaigns!
We will work with you if you have additional educational requests, such as learning graphic design programs or website updating.
On completion of your internship (minimum 6 months and on site at 1 event), you will receive a ‘Certificate of Completion’ for the Unified Events Internship programme, as well as a written confirmation of reference available, to include in your resume.
Although no prior event experience is necessary, we are on the hunt for enthusiastic dedicated people who are excited to be part of an event team.
All applicants will be reviewed and contacted by email.